Saturday, November 6, 2010

I chose sanity

Remember when I was planning to do the Caesar's Crown block for my Bee Mental 3 x 6 quilting bee? I never did figure out how to insert in those crazy pieces. I know now that getting templates for a block does not necessarily mean I'll get instructions for it too.

So I chose to keep my sanity and made these Crossed Canoe blocks instead. Straight cuts, simple piecing instructions, and awesome color choices from my fellow bee sisters made it fun and easy!

(Is anyone else having problems with photos looking fuzzy after they get uploaded to Blogger? Click on the photo if you want to see it more clearly.)

11 comments:

Amy Friend said...

How does this bee work? I know you mentioned fabrics from the other participants but your block choice. They look great!

Anna said...

these are really beautiful! love the color combos

Unknown said...

beautiful blocks, I like the name too.

Marit said...

One favorite block that I have never tried, yet. Love how fresh it looks with your choice of fabric!
; )

Mary said...

Love your blocks...they are just wonderful! I adore this pattern - crossed canoes. I recently finished one from the Material Obsession book...called The Stashbuster - it also is a crossed canoe block. Your color combinations are terrific...lots of movement!

Leslie said...

sanity should always prevail when it comes to complicated piecing. these looks so great.

Erica said...

These are beautiful blocks! I love the vibrant colors!

Poppyprint said...

I've always wanted to make a two colour quilt using this block - yours look beautiful and I think your decision to maintain sanity was a wise one!

Micki said...

The blocks are just beautiful!
Micki

Lynz said...

Sanity is good!!! And your blocks are bee-autiful (groans) I can't wait to get mine!!!

Dani said...

Wow. I love them! Especially that one on the top right side.

Sanity is nice. I need more of it.